Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Activity 1 - 1/11/11

What did I learn?
I learned how to pitch. I started my learning process when I was in 4th grade. The process was long and it is a never ending learning process, and I've been doing it for 13 years. It took a ton of repition and practice. There were many different steps;
1. Learned how to hold the ball
2. Found out how to stand, start side ways (warm up and when I was in little league)
3. Worked on a snap
4. Added a little arm, for a half circle
5. Learned feet work
6. Full circle
7. Full distance, facing forward, full circle
8. Control, how to hit spots
9. Different pitches
a. How to hold each of those different pitches
b. Release points
c. Body lean
10. Now I'm coaching and learning even more than I did when I was pitching here at Stout. I feel like it is that way as a teacher too, you are trying to teach your students but you will always learn and find new things. You will develop different strategies based off of what worked and what didn't. Keeping up the latest technology and materials are important and your strategies will change because of those.

My learning process started off basic and then got very detailed, however it was always important to go back to the basic/fundamentals every now and then to make sure everything was still correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment