Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Activity 1 - 1/12/11

If your car does not start, what would you do?
I would probably call someone and see if they had any ideas, maybe jump the car. 

Observation
Use previous knowledge/experience
Educated guess
Collaboration/teamwork
Try to find a solution
If it does not work, then guess again

What is the scientific method, explain the steps.
The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and do experiments. 
1. Ask questions
2. Do background research
3. Construct a hypothesis
4. Test your hypothesis by doing an experiment
5. Analyze data, come up with a conclusion
6. Communicate your results.

Relate the scientific process to experiment that you performed on surfaces and liquids.
For the experiment I came up with different scenerios.  I had ideas of what they might do but I tested them to know for sure.  While testing the scenerios, I took pictures and notes for data and to compare it to the rest of my results.  I then came up with my conclusions based on the results of what each liquid did on the surface and put it in my blog to communicate what I found. 

If I had known the process before and tried to follow it, I would have chosen my surfaces and liquids and made a hypothesis about all of them before actually testing them.  I would have used resources to help me come up with these guesses.  Then I would actually do the experiment, the same way I did, by comparing the different surfaces and liquids.  Then I would have compared them all, decided if my hypothesis were correct, and explain that in my conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment